This is not a simple game. You have to put in a bit of effort to understand it at first, but you can figure it out. Click on the buildings to learn how they work, and check the economy chart.
Orbles is a city-building and real-time strategy game. You need to plan your colony, generate goods and lead Orbles in battle. The goal is to keep as much space as possible for your settlement, find Solar Orbs hidden among your enemies, and save the Orble civilization from extinction.
Hint: Your Forts will only receive Orblings to make warriors, if you have some to spare in your Solar Chamber. If you send them all to carry resources, you will lack Orriors to defend your settlement.
This game was made within 72 hours for Ludum Dare 50
If you want to chat, come to our discord :) https://discord.gg/AxYpX7AaFP
Aleksandra Jarosz: Narrative Design & Texts (https://twitter.com/AKJarosz )
Anne Hecker: GUI & Design (https://twitter.com/IdinaKloppstock )
Cameron Paxton: Music (https://cameronpaxton.bandcamp.com/)
Davis Hill: Intro & Outro Art (https://twitter.com/TheDavishi )
Martin Kvale: Sound Effects (https://twitter.com/MartinKvale )
Rene Habermann: Direction, Game Design, Programming (https://twitter.com/BippinBits )
Thomas Feichtmeir: Game Assets (https://twitter.com/cyangmou )
Original Entry (get that if you want to rate the game on ldjam): jam_emtry-orbles-ld50.zip
Changes on the other versions:
- Orblings will now stay on the road
- Building Popups will show how many Orblings are incoming, not only who's already there
- added the economy image to ingame
- Purant waves will now spawn faster, if you connected to an Orb (but go back to normal after retrieving it)
- slight rebalancing and fixing of bugs that were causing performance problems (200ms-2s freezes)